6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

Supplements or Real Food: Which Is Better?

To contact us Click HERE


Nutritionists advise that we eat a diet rich in fruits,vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and quality protein to get our vitaminsand minerals. Although supplements are available, the experts claim they cannotmake up for a poor diet. 
Recently I saw compelling evidence that healthy whole foodis superior to supplements.  My 30 yearold rubber plant went from sickly and losing leaves to vibrant and growing on anew diet of home-made and natural plant food.
The rubber plant is several feet tall and lives in a largeclay pot by a sunny window. Given its artificial environment, I fed it a commercialplant supplement.  But it was still doingpoorly.
After steaming a variety of vegetables, I thought it a wasteto toss the cooking water that contained nutrients from thevegetables. So after the vegetable water cooled, I gave it to my rubber plant. Itseemed to perk up.
Since then I save my vegetable and fruit scraps and cook upa pot of soup for all my houseplants. They are all thriving since the switchfrom supplements to food. 
I realize that my plant supplement may be of poorer quality when compared to a supplements intended for human consumption. Nor can a plant be aproxy for a human. But the results are inspiring and will keep me preparing whole foods for my family's health. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder