26 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

But for Bethoven Street (sic)

To contact us Click HERE
So I seriously thought a retirement project for me someday would be to document what gives Pittsburgh streets all their names.  Of course Bob Regan has a tremendous start on that.

With a h/t to Nate Silver on his blog, I see that San Franscisco has a wikipedia page: Etymologies of place names in San Francisco.

So why wait...  we really need to start a page like that for Pittsburgh?  Personally I would start with the names of the alleys.

Thinking of Bob's past work.  One of the few wikipedia pages I have created is for the Steps of Pittsburgh. It needs some more contributors. The other page I created being one for Pittsburgh Parking Chair, except that the wikipedia gnomes wiped that page out and subsumed some of it into a far more generic Parking Chair page. 

and points for anyone who can document the etymology of Billy Budd Hill.  Actually points for anyone who can identify where Billy Budd Hill is located (in Pittsburgh that is).

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder